13 March 2009
The Pleasure of Off Days
This week I took three days off work. And I've spent it all at home. Yesterday I did almost nothing. I stayed all day at home, eating and eating, ha ha ha...

I also tried to learn "A Felicidade" the bossa nova song by Tom Jobim and Vinicius de Moraes. It's in Portuguese. I read the translation once online and the lyrics are quite beautiful. Telling of how happiness and sadness are intertwined. You can't have one without the other. Like Carnival, which it references. It's also the context in which the song first appeared, on the soundtrack of "Orfeu Negro" the classic samba musical set during Mardi Gras in Rio with two characters based on the Greek myth of Orpheus and Eurydice. I discovered it's not so easy to sing bossa nova a capella.

Today, I rearranged my room somewhat... was trying to figure how to make more space in my room. I tried moving the table and wardrobe around but no use... there's no really any better arrangement for the furniture than what I already have. So I decided to move all the books out of the room. And throw away half my clothes.

God... how did I manage to accumulate so much crap?

I also went food shopping. Got me some nice bread and stuff to make sandwiches. Also yoghurt! I really have nothing to do... and avoiding everyone... so enjoying it...

Tommorrow I'll finish with the rest of the cleaning. Drop off and pick up laundry. And more eating!

*

BTW... the chapbook is finished. I dropped off a few copies at Rice Cooker. It's called "The Loneliest Profession In The World" and RM5 each.