11 March 2009
Melancholy by Edvard Munch
Melancholy by Edvard Munch

I look out to sea and it's mud. Every single sound I hear is mud. In every face I look all I see is mud. The sky is virulent with mud. The streets are sickening with mud. Everyone and everything have sold themselves to mud.

Oh! These morose yawnings! They come in waves! Wave after wave! And they eddy and they pool! Into an endless funeral procession of waves and waves and waves and waves and waves and waves and waves and waves and waves
of mud! Oh!

It stinks. And it's cold. And it's so tiring to stay afloat.

So tiring.


Everything is mud.



I detest this mud. Oh!



I detest this mud.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:
Blogger mymymyohmy said...
Join the club!

Well, not my club mind you, I'm a happy camper!

But all my friends are depressed. And you know it's a really small club, you'd feel at home there...

Which suddenly makes me wonder: perhaps it's me! The common denominator...!

Now I'm depressed...

On a more serious note: if you keep those big shoes on, you will indeed sink like a stone! :-)

Take care and a hug, the colors will come back...

(quoting myself, is that allowed?... so much easier than to think up new stuff...)

Blogger mymymyohmy said...
That's not fair, you changed it!

Better not publish my comments, doesn't make sense anymore...

Blogger mymymyohmy said...
STOP IT! ENOUGH WITH THE MUD ALREADY!!

Blogger mymymyohmy said...
I give up, commenting on a blog entry that changes six times is impossible!

Well, at least you're not that depressed... you can't join the club anymore... :-P

Blogger JK said...
LOL! I was busy editing it while you were busy leaving comments. I wanted to make it really like mud... inane but all-pervasive. I didn't even realise you left comments until just now... ha ha ha

Blogger mymymyohmy said...
Folks, he wrote that he wanted to sink, in the mud... and the mud wasn't so wavy in his original post... so that you know what the big shoes remark was all about in my first comment...

First there was like regular mud and then there was suddenly a tsunami of mud...

Oh well, I give up...

Fickle minded...