23 September 2008
JK Sings in Singapore!























I don't perform much outside KL, unfortunately. It's because I'm a lazy bugger who's just too lazy to hunt around for gigs. Most of the gigs I appear in have been due to invitations from gig organisers who think I can draw a crowd. LOL. Oh how little they know...

Anyway... Willy from Aging Youth Records in Singapore invited me to perform at Esplanade Outdoor Theatre on Sunday 5 October. And I'm happy to say that it's confirmed. I bought my bus tickets today. Woo-hoo!

I'm not sure if I should be rejoicing yet, because they've asked me to perform a half electronic, half acoustic set. And that means I have to lug both the laptop and the guitar around the city... fuckery... if I were a labourer with too much testosterone to work off, perhaps I would enjoy it... but since I'm an "artist" who's prone to whingeing... LOL...

But I'm excited anyway, I even set aside some time to design the stupid pink flyer above... with the Merlion in pink from a photo I stole from some blog... LOL...

So if you guys and girls in Singapore and JB have nothing to do on that Sunday evening... why not swing by and catch yours truly for a 45-minute set of strange music. If you get bored of me, you can go away and come back later for Alaling & The Kaya Koks who are going onstage at 8.45pm. :-)

I have bus tickets but nowhere to stay just yet. Anyone who doesn't mind boarding a Malaysian singer songwriter... I can offer my body in return!

I also have gigs coming up in October at Taylor's College and Cloth & Clef. And at EcoFest @ ASWARA in November... More about that later...

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:
OpenID sharanyamanivannan said...
Damn. Will miss you by just a week. Am transiting in Singapore to and fro from Bali.

If you need to fork out for a budget hotel, the Regin in Geylang is decent. Yeah, Geylang. :)

Blogger Lounge Lizard said...
Hey,

Thanks for playing the show once again though I missed it. :)


Willy